Home Chef 43rd Delivery & 51% Off for You!


Spaghetti with Ricotta Meatballs with Pecorino Garlic Bread


Ingredients (click on photos to enlarge)


Sherry Wine Demi-Glace Flat Iron Steak with Whipped Potatoes & Balsamic Brussels Sprouts


Ingredients


Turkey Chili with Cheddar Cheese & Avocado


Ingredients


This is a review of our 43rd delivery from a food subscription box called Home Chef. Hubby & I gave two recipes five out of five stars and one recipe four stars. Calories ranged from 700 to 938 and preparation time ranged from twenty-five to fifty minutes.

Spaghetti with Ricotta Meatballs with Pecorino Garlic Bread

Yum, yum in the tum tum! Hubby & I both gave this recipe four out of five stars. It smelled so good when it was cooking and it was so tasty. It had 858 calories and it took about fifty minutes to prepare. It was such a large portion that I saved some for a light lunch so that lowers the calorie count a bit. The baguette wasn't as fresh as I would have liked, so that's why we didn't give it five stars. It was so delicious!

Sherry Wine Demi-Glace Flat Iron Steak with Whipped Potatoes & Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

We made this recipe previously back in October. I ordered it again since we loved it so much. This time we gave it the same ratings. Hubby gave it five out of five stars and I gave it four stars. It was a lean piece of steak yet it was scrumptious with the wine sauce. I wish we had a bit more sauce though. The brussels sprouts and potatoes were yummy also. It comes in at 700 calories, last time they said it was 911 calories, so I'm not sure which one is accurate. It's comfort food for sure. It took about thirty-five minutes to prepare and it's a simple and easy recipe. It was a generous portion with no leftovers.

Turkey Chili with Cheddar Cheese & Avocado

Hubby gave this one five out of five stars and I gave it four. I thought we had made this one before, but after looking it up I found out it was a different version from Blue Apron. That one added jalapeño, cilantro and lime. Hubby added some jalapeño we had on hand, he always prefers his chili spicy. This dinner had 938 calories, but it was enough to save some for lunch so that lowers the calorie count. It said it would take about thirty-five minutes, but it took us forty-five minutes. This dish warms you up, so it's the perfect recipe for a cold day. I would have liked a bit more sour cream and cheddar cheese. It was scrumptious, but for those of us who prefer a spicy chili the Blue Apron version is better.

It was a very enjoyable week of recipes which included a lot of comfort food. I wish they would come up with more low calorie recipes. Their high calorie recipes tend to be the ones I'm most attracted to lately. To make up for it I had low calorie Green Blender smoothies for breakfast and lunch. If you haven't tried Home Chef yet, I highly recommend you give it a try, but be sure to use my link for $30 off your first order. That makes your box only $29.70 including shipping! So what are you waiting for? Order todaySee all of our recipe results on my Home Chef Pinterest Board.

Bargain Alert: 

Green Chef - 66% off, click here
Home Chef - 51% off, click here.
Sun Basket - 50% off, click here.

Share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking the boxes:

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments