Birchbox Review - April 2016


Birchbox & Rifle Paper Company


This is my 20th Birchbox review. I have subscribed for years with occasional break. This cosmetics sample box is only $10 per month and comes with a $5 store credit, if you review each sample in your box. It's certainly a bargain if you like the majority of the items they send you. This month I chose the featured box instead of the mystery box and it's retail value is $25.46. It's strange that they called this a Rifle Paper Co collab when all there is in the box is a 20% off Rifle Paper Co. coupon. Sure the box is decorated like their stationary, but it would have been nice to receive some of the stationary instead. Included in the featured box were the following products:
  1. Tocca - Crema da Mano Hand Cream, Giulietta, 1 fl. oz. $5 retail value
  2. Dr. Jart+ - Liftra Contour Cream, .17 fl. oz., $6 value
  3. Laura Geller - Baked Blush-n-Brighten Blush/Highlighter, Tropic Hues, $6.16 value
  4. Parlor by Jeff Chastain - Volumizing Lifting Spray, $4.80 value
  5. Marcelle - 3 in 1 Micellar Solution Makeup Remover, $3.50 value
The Tocca line of hand cream is nice, but I prefer L'Occtaine. This ones smells the best out of all the ones I've tried. It's suppose to smell like pink tulips and green apple, but also smells a little powdery to me. I have received the Dr. Jart+ brand of face moisturizers quite often. It isn't my favorite brand since I haven't seen results, but perhaps the samples are too small to last long enough to make that decision. I purchased a Laura Geller set from QVC and had to return it because the foundation didn't work on my skin, but it had a blush that I liked and I wished I didn't have to return it. So I was happy to receive it in this box. I've never heard of the Parlor brand nor Jeff Chastain, have you? I'm not crazy about makeup cleansers that are as thin as water because it forces you to use a cotton ball or pad and I can't be bothered. Not to mention that's an addition expense. I prefer a thicker remover that I can just pump into my hand and apply. My favorite is Josie Maran Argan Cleaning Oil, it works quickly and it can be used in the shower which I prefer. The Marcelle makeup remover was leaking when it arrived. Thankfully, I opened the package right away or it could have damaged the other products. It appeared it had just started leaking. While this isn't my favorite box, I'm happy with most of the items. Did you like your Birchbox this month?

I don't fancy anything at the Rifle Paper Co store, so I'm giving away my 20% off code. Please comment below if you use it, so that others know it's already taken since it's only good for one use. My code is "4FI-VDM" and expires on December 31st.

Check out what I received in some of my previous boxes:


Bargain Alert Subscribe to Birchbox and receive 50 points worth $5 in the Birchbox store, "SUBSCRIBENOW50"

Share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking on the boxes below:

Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments