Rainbow Honey Juicy Orange Pop Manicure



This is a review of a nail polish called Juicy Orange Pop from Rainbow Honey. I received it in the May Mystery bag which you can also read about on this blog, so check that out before you leave. This one was really hard to photograph without distortion since my camera was having a difficult time with the intense reflection this polish has. The photo above was taken outdoors in direct sunlight. Now this polish is one that was out of my comfort zone due to it's neon orange color, but since they sent it to me I thought I might as well give it a try. I had fun wearing it, it really pops out at you and says "hey look at me". The glitter in it is really pretty, it reflects a pinkish purple color during movement. I had done some swatches and decided it was so sheer that I needed a base color so I wouldn't have to apply so many coats. Unfortunately, the nail wheel I swatched it on didn't really show the sheerness very well, so I had to apply five coats of this and I still could see through it a bit. I used one coat of Julep's glow in the dark nail polish called Casper as a base. I also tried a matte white nail polish as the base on the nail wheel but it altered the polish too much. While Casper really didn't help with opacity, it did scare me in the middle of the night when I grabbed a bottle of Perrier and saw my nails glowing! Jeepers, I forgot I had glow in the dark nail polish on so I gave myself quite the fright! It took me a few seconds to realize I was wearing Casper and that's what was causing the glow on my nails in the dark bedroom! Silly me! Usually when you apply lots of coats of a thick polish it tends to be less chip resistant, but this one held on well. I used two coats of Orly's Bonder as a base and one coat of Seche Vite Top Coat. A couple days later I added another coat of Seche Vite Top Coat. I had one chip on my right index finger a few days in, but that was caused by some peeling of the nail. So I repaired that chip and the manicure lasted seven days when I tired of it and changed my polish. If you want a fun nail polish that will grab people's attention, this is the one for you. It would be perfect for a sun filled vacation.

Take a moment to browse around and check out my manicures, nail art, nail polish hauls and other subscription boxes before you leave. I have eighty manicures featured on this blog. Take a quick glance at them all on my Pinterest Manicure Board. Then simply click on the ones you want to read about on my blog, since they are linked to the matching blog post. What do you think of neon nail polishes? 

Follow Me on Pinterest, Google+  and/or Instagram

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments