Manicure Featuring Nail Polish from Nail Art Society
Left to Right - without a topcoat, with 5 crystals, with matte top coat on left & glossy top coat on right with crystals (it's pink in person, camera makes it appear red in photo), with Julep matte top coat , with Seche Vite glossy top coat.
- Washed hands and used a cotton ball to apply nail polish remover to all nails to remove any oils.
- Applied two coats of Orly's Rubberized Bonder Base Coat to prevent chips and let it dry for a couple of minutes.
- Applied quickly two coats of Cherimoya Mystery, second coat being a heavy one.
- Applied quickly dots of Cherimoya Blockbuster in six big blobs of polish, 2 rows 3 down.
- Took my yellow colored dotting tool and pulled through the polish from the middle near the cuticle down to the bottom making curves, running through all the dots of polish.
- Continuing with the dotting tool, pulled through the polish from the far left side down to the bottom of the nail making curves.
- Continuing with the dotting tool, pulled through the polish on the far right side down.
- Let it dry for an hour before resuming normal activity.
When the two colors were swirled together with the dotting tool, the silver color turned a pinkish color. As you can see above in the swatches, when I added a top coat it changed the appearance of the polish. I like the way it looks without a top coat best. I'm hoping it wont chip. If it chips too quickly, I'll repair the chip and add a top coat. I didn't like the addition of the crystals, so I decided to skip that for this manicure. The Cherimoya Mystery polish started getting too thick and I had to add Seche Vite's Restore to fix this issue. This is my first time using a matte polish and while I like the texture and effect it has, I'm not happy about not being able to add a top coat. Top coats keep my nails from chipping, help keep them look like they were freshly painted and help them dry quickly. Have you tried a matte polish yet? Were you able to add a matte top coat without it changing the look? If so, which brand did you try.
Check out my other marble designs here:
Previous manicures featured on this blog:
Fire Marble Design
OPI Dupe for Chanel's Periodot
4th of July Nails
Water Marbling Nails
Fish Tail Braid Manicure
Have a PEACEful Day!